About the Home & School Association
Parent involvement in support of The Tatnall School, and, thus, its students and employees, is vital to fulfilling the Mission and Beliefs of Tatnall. All parents and guardians whose children attend The Tatnall School are members of the Home & School Association and are encouraged to play a role in support of the School.
The Home & School Association supports The Tatnall School by:
- Acting as a liaison with the School to create strong bonds between and amongst parents/guardians and the School
- Promoting activities that further the Mission and Beliefs of The Tatnall School
- Encouraging and fostering volunteerism through projects, programs, events, and activities in support of the School
- Serving as a resource for parents/guardians to improve communications with the School
- Providing parents/guardians with accurate and timely information regarding school-related events, policies, and plans
- Fundraising to support projects and faculty development
- Working closely and positively with the Office of Alumni and Development on the Annual Fund and other key fundraising programs essential to the sustainability of the School
- Working closely and positively with the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid hosting events, offering tours as needed/requested, and generally referring students and families to the School
- Welcoming exchange students and international students into homes for family time, holidays, and even vacations.
- Working collaboratively with the Black and Gold Association, the Athletic Booster Club of Tatnall
- Providing assistance to the Fine and Performing Arts programs as needed/requested
- Working collaboratively and positively with the Head of School, Division Heads, and classroom teachers at all times
Participation is Encouraged
The Home & School Association sponsors many activities that enhance Tatnall's teaching and learning environment, which is essential for the success of students, employees, and the School. From special events such as annual book fairs, Spring Day, theater events, May Day, parent socials, International Student Program opportunities, chaperoning field trips or organizing After-Prom activities, Tatnall and Home and School and its related association Black and Gold couldn't accomplish it all without the dedication and support of parent/guardian volunteers.