A Tatnall Summer
Conveniently located just minutes west of the heart of Wilmington, Tatnall’s expansive 110-acre campus provides the perfect setting for exploration, imagination, and a summer of fun. Each summer, participants from more than 75 area schools take part in an array of programs, from our traditional day camp to various enrichment, arts, and sports programs.
A Tatnall Summer, which runs from June 10 through August 9, offers nine weeks of camps and programs for children of all ages. While we provide a wide range of options for campers, we provide flexibility for parents through our half-day camp options and extended programming. Our multitude of half-day camps allows parents to mix and match their camper's camp week. For example, a camper can start their day in morning Extended Day, transition into a sport or specialty camp then move to our traditional day camp for their afternoon session.
Meet the Team!
Summer Camp & Programs
Camps & programs will be offered this summer from June 10 through August 12.
Check out our 2024 line-up of camp offerings for every age and interest below! Additional camps and programs will be added in the coming weeks. Please continue to check our site for added offerings.
A Tatnall Summer consists of three types of day camps that are catered to your child’s age.
- Junior Day Camp for campers PreK3 through rising kindergarten
- Traditional Day Camp for students entering grades 1st through 5th
- Board the Bus Camp for students entering grades 6th through 8th
- Counselor In Training (CIT) program that offers training in combination with summer fun for students entering 9th and 10th grades. Two 4-week sessions are available.
Outside of day camp, we offer many exciting specialty, sports, and enrichment camps like art, drama, technology, languages, and more. To learn more about these camps and the Tatnall Torpedoes swim team, click on a camp below or browse our camp calendar here: Summer 2024 At-A-Glance
Spend your Summer at Tatnall!
Our camps offer a wide range of activities that cater to your child's interests, including sports, art, music, and adventure! Whether your child is a budding athlete, an aspiring artist, or just looking to make a new friend, our experienced counselors will guide them through a summer full of fun and learning.
Your child will have a blast at camp while they develop important life skills such as teamwork, creativity, and leadership. Plus, our state-of-the-art facilities and beautiful campus provide the perfect backdrop for an unforgettable summer.
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! Register now for A Tatnall Summer and give your child the gift of a summer they'll never forget.
We can't wait to see you there!
Week 1: You’re a Star! (June 17-21)
We’re rolling out the red carpet for our campers and soon-to-be stars! This camp week is sure to be a show-stopper and will conclude with our camp talent show.
Week 2: When We Grow Up (June 24-28)
A firefighter, astronaut, doctor, journalist? Dream big campers, this camp week, you can be whatever your heart desires! Keep an eye out for our special guests coming to camp this week.
Week 3: Team USA (July 1-3)
Celebrating America the Beautiful in this short but sweet-as-pie camp week. Campers will participate in Olympic style games, tie-dye, and even have a chance to ride a real pony!
Week 4: Mission Impossible (July 8-12)
Campers, put on your thinking caps; we need you to join our top-secret mission! Let’s see if our campers can solve the top-secret mission. Campers will participate in an escape room to test their critical thinking skills and teamwork.
Week 5: Celebrations Galore (July 15-19)
Birthdays? Holidays? Summer Break? Whatever it is….we’re here to CELEBRATE good times! Put your party pants on and dancing shoes, and join us for what is sure to be one of the silliest weeks of the summer! The week will conclude with a family pool party.
Week 6: Food Frenzy (July 22-26)
Food fuels this delicious week of camp. Campers will learn skills and recipes on their way to becoming master chefs! Keep an eye out for all of the goodies coming home this week!
Week 7: Ooey Gooey, Mad Scientist (July 29-August 2)
Campers, welcome to the laboratory! Explore science through various chemical reactions as we make slime, ooblek, lava lamps, and explosive volcanoes. Campers will learn and explore science all around us!
Week 8: Nature’s Playground (August 5-9)
Closing out summer, we’re celebrating the best part of the summer season - the great outdoors! Join us in learning and playing with all things nature.
Our flexible schedules and Extended Day programming give you peace of mind about how to meaningfully engage your child over the summer.
- Morning care is available to all camps free of charge from 7:45 to 9:00 a.m.
- Aftercare is available to all camps for $65 per week from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
A Tatnall Summer allows campers to mix and match camps. For example, a camper can begin the morning in a sports camp and then transition into a Traditional Day camp. This flexibility allows campers to experience a wider range of camps. Our day camp staff ensures timely transitions between all camps and programs, as well as Extended Day and Swim Team.
Additionally, Tatnall Torpedoes swim team conveniently fits into your summer camp day. Morning practices are available before camp from 7:30-8:45am. Afternoon practices take place 3:30-6pm.
Tatnall Day Camps (Junior, Traditional, & Board the Bus)
- Full Day: 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Half Day: 9:00 a.m. – noon or 12:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Morning care runs 7:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. daily.
- Car line begins at 8:30 a.m. and runs through 9:00 a.m. Camp opening ceremony begins daily at 9:00 a.m.
- Aftercare runs from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. daily.
Enrichment & Art and Sport Camps
- Specialty & Enrichment Camps: times vary. View hours by camp
Times vary. View hours by camp
Extended Day - Before & After Camp Care
- Weekly Cost
- 7:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.......................................free of charge
- 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.......................................$65/week
- Drop-In Rates
- 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m........................................$20 per day
Whether you’re looking for supervised care after camp or an extra opportunity for your child to have fun with their friends, Extended Day is a wonderful resource for A Tatnall Summer families.
Extended Day is a program designed as an extension of the camp day to accommodate each family’s before- and after-camp needs. The program offers a balanced combination of recreation and enrichment activities and time for personal choice and relaxation.
Extended Day provides a seamless day of care and programming with the people and approaches you trust when paired with any of our quality camps. Please note that campers in grades rising Pre-K-K will remain in the Early Childhood building for before and aftercare. Campers in grades rising 1st-8th will remain in the Lower School building for both before and after-care.
Camp costs vary for each camp. Information can be found below based on the camp.
Tatnall Day Camps
- Junior and Traditional Day Camp
- Full Day: $345 (when registered and paid in full before March 1st, price raises to $375 after March 1st, 2024)
- Half Day Morning: $200 (9-12) *Half-day campers may miss off-site trips
- Half Day Afternoon: $200 (12-3:30 p.m.) *Half-day campers may miss off-site trips
- Morning Care: Included
- After Care: $65 per week
- Board the Bus
- Full Day: $385 (when registered and paid in full by March 1st, prices raise to $415 after March 1st)
- Half Day (am or pm): $200 and is only available to campers enrolled in Tatnall sports/specialty camps on campus. **Half-day campers will not participate in trips
- All trip and transportation fees are included in the full-day camp cost.
- Morning Care: Included
- After Care: $65 per week
Enrichment & Art and Sport Camps
- Specialty & Enrichment Camps: costs vary; view costs by camp
- Sport Camps: costs vary; view costs by camp
- All payments are made via our CampBrain registration system. Please have a credit card handy for online payment. A deposit is required at the time of booking. You may choose to pay in full at the time of registration or opt for our monthly payment plans. All payments must be completed in full prior to June 1st, 2024. Please see our cancellation policies for more information. Any campers with outstanding payments including late fees or incidentals at the start of their camp session, will not be admitted to camp.
Early Registration Discount: register and pay in full before March 1, 2024, to receive $30 off each week of Full Day - Day Camp. Keep an eye out on our social media (Link Facebook and Instagram for other promotional giveaways and the opportunities to win a free week of summer camp!) Promotion and early bird pricing only applies to Tatnall Day Camp.
Not applicable on specialty or sports camps.
Late pick-ups after 3:40 p.m. or the end of the car line will be billed at a rate of $15. After 3:45 p.m. remaining students will be brought to aftercare and will be billed an additional $20 for drop-in extended day. Aftercare ends promptly at 5:30 p.m. All campers must be picked up prior to 5:30 p.m. Any pick-ups after 5:31 p.m. will be charged $2 per minute. Outstanding late fees must be paid in full before attending a future camp session. All half-day pick-ups should occur promptly at noon. Students will be brought out in carline fashion at noon. Half-day campers picked up after 12:01 p.m. will be charged $2 per minute.
Full refunds, minus a $75 deposit, will be issued when requested in writing to [email protected] prior to May 21st. Cancellations made after May 21st, but with in 2 weeks of your camp start date will receive a 50% refund of the total amount owed. Any cancelations within 2-weeks prior to your specific camp start date, will not be refunded due to planning and staffing.
Campers must be able to follow directions in a group setting. Campers must treat counselors and fellow campers with respect. Violence of any kind is not tolerated. Campers must be able to stay with the camp group at all times. Campers who are unable to follow these guidelines or exhibit harm to themselves or other campers, may be removed from camp at the Director's discretion with out refund of payment. If your camper has a special need that inhibits their ability to follow these guidelines, please reach out to [email protected] before registering.
Full camp payment is due prior to June 1st, if utilizing the monthly payment plan. Any campers with outstanding payments including late fees or incidentals, will not be admitted to camp.
Rates will not be prorated for late arrival, early departure, or daily absences.
Any changes to your original registration will incur a $25 administrative fee.
Tatnall reserves the right to cancel any program if enrollment is insufficient or due to force majeure.
Please note that "taxes" in your cart is actually a credit card processing fee. As a non-profit organization, we rely on recovering these costs to continue providing an excellent camp experience.
Still have questions about what to expect at Tatnall's Summer Camp? Read below for some frequently asked questions!
- Is lunch provided at camp? For Summer 2024, Parents will need to pack a peanut-free lunch for their kiddos for both day camp and specialty camps! Please pack a lunch, and snack for morning and afternoon. Also, bring a filled refillable water bottle daily. We feel this is the best way for our campers to stay safe.
- Is there a nurse on staff at camp? Yes! Tatnall Summer staff has a registered nurse on staff daily during regular camp hours. The camp nurse does not attend field trips. All medications and medical needs will be handled by our nurse. We do ask that parents reach out to our team to discuss any severe allergies and medical needs prior to registration.
- What happens on rainy days or super hot days? Great question! Tatnall is fortunate to have a very large campus with lots of space to utilize during the summer months. In addition to our expansive outdoor spaces, we have ample indoor space on rainy or hot days to use for summer fun. We have access to our Art Room, Science Lab, Kitchen, Gymnasium and Library for additional activity spaces!
- How does Drop-off and Pick-up work? Traditional and BTB campers are dropped off at Tatnall’s Lower School building (near tennis courts). Junior campers are dropped off at Tatnall’s Early Childhood building (near football field). Pick-up and Drop-off for day camp will operate in a carline fashion. Families will be issued a carline name tag with their camp welcome email to be printed and used for camp pick-up. The team will assist with getting children out of the car and into the building. Parents do not need to exit their vehicles. Please be cautious and drive slowly while driving on campus and near the carline! **Specialty Camp drop-offs vary by week and camp. You can utilize our camp map or confirmation email for more details on Specialty camp locations.
- What is your cancellation/refund policy? Full refunds, minus a $75 deposit, will be issued when requested in writing to [email protected] prior to May 21. Cancellations made after May 21, but within 2 weeks of your camp start date will receive a 50% refund of the total amount owed. Any cancellations within 2 weeks of your specific camp start date will not be refunded due to planning and staffing.
- My child is on the waitlist for a camp. What happens if a spot becomes available? If a space becomes available for your child, you will be contacted by our office and given the opportunity to register. We will reach out to you via email or phone call to let you know that the space is available so that you can register at that time!