The math program at Tatnall engages and excites the students in math. Classroom sizes are smaller than average, allowing teachers to work with the students in one-on-one, small group, and full class situations to meet individual student needs.
6th Grade, Mathematics
Sixth grade math focuses on enhancing numerical reasoning and algebraic thinking skills by using formulas and problem-solving, while also developing scientific calculator skills. Sixth grade math students also acquire an introduction to financial fluency through the BizTown Junior Achievement program. By the end of sixth grade, students are proficient in the following areas:
- Evaluating Algebraic Expressions
- Solving One-step Algebraic Equations and Inequalities
- Analyzing and Interpret Graphs and Data
- Gaining an Understanding of Rational Numbers
- Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying and Dividing Integers
- Exploring Real-world Problems through Learning Projects
- Understanding of Geometric Concepts from the Previous Year: Exploring Surface Area, and Volume of Three-dimensional Figures
Sixth graders use the enVisionmath program, teacher-designed projects as well as online resources and Getting Ready for Algebra.